1. sir frederick banting (discoverer of insulin) was killed in a plane crash in newfoundland. link.
2. curry is good for you. link
3. cocoa puffs are 44% sugar. link
4. the pacific ocean appeared on a map before it was discovered. link
5. australia was on a map before it was discovered by captain cook. same link
6. america was possibly not named after amerigo vespucci (as i was taught in school) but after richard ameryk – the bristol merchant that funded john cabot’s trip across the atlantic where he discovered newfoundland. same link
7. mishpucha is yiddish for “family”.