well well well… i’m back. funny that i spent so much time on stalkbook instead of filling up my own blog with content. time to come home. so, i “deactivated” my stalkbook account and came here. no real reason why, thanks for asking… just got tired of sending data to the man…
on with the show!
60% of all the deaths caused by road accidents in the world take place in 12 countries.
This room is the best-sounding room I have ever been in.
… but sometimes, the American way is to overreact… link
… but, at the moment, I’m ashamed to be Canadian… link
If you reduce the mass of an airliner by 1 kg, you’ll save $3000 each year in fuel. (the economist, feb 12, 2011)
So, just to air some laundry that we talk about often, I’m going to put some price comparisons showing the difference between what we’re expected to pay for things at the local stores here in Denmark, and what other people are expected to pay for them elsewhere…
This week’s winners were:
A SanDisk ImageMate card reader
– PhotoCare in Holstebro: 299 Kroner
– Amazon.de: just under 13 euro (about 95 Kroner)
5-CD set called “101 Running Songs”
– www.cdon.dk: 269 Kroner
– Amazon.co.uk: GBP 7.99 (about 70 Kroner).
Plain-colour KitchenAid mixer (this is a long-standing complaint at our house…)
– Bilka (Denmark’s equivalent of Walmart): on sale this week for 3389 Kroner (510 Kroner off!)
– Walmart in Canada: just under $290 (1600 Kroner).
1. the last sin-eater’s grave is getting restored. (i’d never heard of a sin-eater before reading this news item…) link