1. public nakedness is legal in england and wales. (see here)
2. quantum computing is getting closer to being a usable reality. (see here)
3. an ancient contraceptive was alcohol made from stewed beaver testicles. (see here) i wonder who came up with this one…
4. there is a large collection of floating garbage – mostly plastic – swirling in a large vortex in the middle of the pacific ocean. it’s called the “great pacific garbage patch” and is roughly twice the size of texas.
5. 50 years ago, 50% of australian men smoked. today, only 25% do.
6. the meaning of the word “stakhanovite”
7. the apollo 11 guidance computers had less processing power than a modern cellphone.